Pediatrics surgeons operate on children from newborns through to their teenage years. They deal with the diseases, trauma, and malformations that affect children from the fetal period to young adults.
Pediatric surgeons cope with vast physiological differences between each age group and employ a specific set of skills and professional attitudes for dealing with children and their families.
Where other specialties are concerned with a particular technique or area of the body, pediatric surgery is the only surgical specialty defined by the patient’s age rather than by a specific condition.
Jordan hospital has a dedicated pediatric unit staffed by highly skilled specialized pediatric nurses and is designed and equipped specifically for children. This ensures that our young ones are comfortable during their stay in Jordan Hospital.
Surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons and, in particular, congenital malformations (congenital disabilities).
Pediatrics surgeons diagnose, treat, and manage children’s surgical needs, which include
- Surgical repair of congenital disabilities; congenital malformations of the gastrointestinal tract: esophageal atresia and trachea-esophageal fistula, hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, intestinal atresia, necrotizing enterocolitis, meconium plugs, Hirschsprung’s disease, imperforated anus, intestinal malrotation
- Abdominal wall defects: omphalocele, gastroschisis, abdominal hernias
- Pediatric urology: urological conditions, such as hypospadias, congenital anomalies of the renal system, and surgery of the kidneys, ureters, and urinary bladder
- Surgery for abnormalities of the groin in childhood and adolescence: which include undescended tests, painful tests, hernias, hydroceles, and varicoceles
- Diagnosis and surgical care of childhood tumors, such as neuroblastoma, Wilms tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, liver tumors, teratomas
- Organ transplantation
- Endoscopic procedures bronchoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, colonoscopy
- Management of serious injuries that require surgery
- Separation of conjoined twins
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry call us.