Jordan Hospital is a leading regional tertiary care center for treating patients with cardiovascular and thoracic diseases. The cardiac surgery program started with the establishment of the hospital in 1996 by Dr Suhayl Saleh. It has been one of the busiest programs in the private sector, with cutting edge technology and continued advancements.
Diseases Treated by the program:
- Coronary artery disease
- Aortic valvular diseases
- Mitral valvular diseases
- Tricuspid and pulmonary valvular disease
- Root, ascending, arch and descending aneurysms of the aorta (dilatation of the Aorta)
- Cardiac arrythmias
- Heart failure therapy
The program offers the full spectrum of cardiac surgery treatment which includes:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), on and off pump
- Aortic valve replacement and repair
- Mitral valve repair and replacement
- Aortic aneurysm surgery, including proximal root reconstruction, arch surgery and thoraco-abdominal percutaneous and open surgery
- Atrial fibrillation surgery(Maze) and epicardial lead placements
All these operations are offered via a sternotomy traditionally and the use of the cardiopulmonary bypass machine. However, more recent advancement in the program were the addition of minimally invasive services and performing these operations with a small 5-6 cm incision from the right chest or percutaneously, these operations include:
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement and repair
- Minimally invasive mitral valve repair and replacement
- Thoracoscopic epicardial lead placements
- Thoracoscopic Pericardial window
- Percutaneous Aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous Mitral valve replacement (TMVR)
- Percutaneous mitral valve repair (Mitraclip)
The Program has gone through continued technical advancements as well. In the operating room, a new Cardiopulmonary bypass machine, hybrid operating room system, minimally invasive surgical instruments and dual chamber pacemakers for post-operative support has been added. Our surgical staff members have been fully trained on the newer technology as they bring more than 30 years of experience with them. Transesophageal echocardiography has also been integrated into every open-heart procedure to follow the worldwide standard of care. Our patients now recover post-operatively in the surgical cardiac ICU, which is part of the newly renovated general ICU with cutting edge technology.
Thoracic Surgery Program:
Thoracic Surgery clinics at Jordan Hospital provide the highest quality and latest technology in diagnosis and treatment of all thoracic, mediastinal, pleural and esophageal diseases. We are proud to be a leading center in providing the latest minimally invasive technology to treat such diseases, and the only center providing Uniportal Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery.
Programs provided, diseases treated, and operations offered by the program:
- Lung diseases:
- Malignant and benign lung tumors
- Lung Screening program
- Lung volume reduction surgery for COPD patients
- Thoracoscopic pleurodesis surgery
- Thoracoscopic Empyema drainage and treatment
- Treatment of thoracic traumatic injuries
- Surgical treatment of TB complications
- Thoracoscopic Hydatid disease treatment
- Lung fibrosis treatment and thoracoscopic biopsy
- Pneumonia, vasculitis and sarcoidosis treatment
- Mediastinal diseases:
- Thymic tumor resection and treatment of Myasthenia Gravis
- Lymphatic Tumors?????
- Congenital and hereditary tumors and anomalies
- Sarcoidosis and Tuberculosis
- Mediastinoscopy and lymph node sampling
- Mediastinal sepsis and abscess drainage
- Tracheal stenosis resection and stenting
- Pleural diseases:
- Pleural effusion treatment
- Pneumothorax treatment
- Chest wall:
- Pectus Excavatum and carinatum correction and treatment
- Sternal and chest wall reconstruction and plating
- Thoracic Outlet syndrome treatment
- Esophageal disease:
- Malignant and benign esophageal tumor resection
- Esophageal perforation repair
- Esophageal stricture, diverticulum and malformation treatment
Residency Program: General Surgery residents rotate on cardiothoracic services. This allows them to get exposed to cardiothoracic diseases and treatment. They are involved in open and thoracoscopic thoracic procedures, open-heart surgeries and ongoing research in the field.
Cardiothoracic Surgery Research:
Research is an integral part of our program, and multiple abstract and papers have been presented in national and international societies such as American College of Surgeons clinical congress.
Cardiothoracic Surgery Team:
Our team has a patient centered approach in a multidisciplinary manner. Cardiologists, pulmonologist, nutritionist, nursing and cardiothoracic surgeons focus all their expertise around every patient to provide a cutting-edge therapy to each individual patient.
Surgical Specialties Doctors
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry call us.