Dr. Hamdi Barakat Abu Ali
Jordanian Board of General Surgery – Jordan.
Jordanian Board of Cardiac Surgery – Jordan.
Authorization to practice Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery – Jordan Medical Association – Jordan
(1) Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (VATS) lung, mediastinal and esophageal surgeries
(2) Uniportal VATS for complex empyema and Hydatid disease
(3) Complex Chest wall and Sternal Reconstruction
(4) Awake Non-intubated minimally invasive thoracic procedures for high risk patients.
University of Jordan 1992-1998
University of Jordan, General Surgery Residency 2004-2009
- Carolinas Medical Center, NC, USA : Thoracic Surgery Fellowship 2009-2011
- Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, NC, USA : Minimally Invasive/ Advanced Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship 2011-2012
Previous academic positions
2002 – 2004 Research Fellow: University of South Florida, USA